(1)
In winter I get up at night 冬日我大清早起床
And dress by yellow candle-light. 借着黄色的蠋光穿裳。
In summer quite the other way, 夏日完全相反,
I have to go to bed by day. 我必须在日间上床。
(2)
I have to go to bed and see 我必上床且看
The birds still hopping on the tree, 鸟儿还在树梢跃荡,
Or hear the grown-up peoples feet 抑或聆听成年人的脚声
Still going past me in the street. 仍旧在街道走过我的身旁。
(3)
And does it not seem hard to you, 它对你来说难道不为难吗?
When all the sky is clear and blue, 在明亮而蔚蓝的天空当前,
And I should like so much to play, 而我如此喜欢玩耍,
To have to go to bed by day? 却必须在白天就上床?
by R. L. Stevenson
Bed In Summer